Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Boise

After we got back from Jackson Hole, we spent the rest of the break in a suburb of Boise called Meridian. The guy I was staying with spent the next few days showing me around town, and there were quite a few many sights. The first place we went was Bronco Stadium, where the Idaho rival Boise State plays. They are known for having a blue field, or "smurf turf."


After that, we went went to a place called Table Rock, which was at the top of a large hill overlooking the city. Riding up the switchbacks to Table Rock reminded me of the Hollywood Hills because of the way the houses looked situated in the hills. At the top, Table Rock was surrounded by rolling hills on one side and a valley on the other.



After Table Rock, we went to an old jail called the Old Idaho Penitentiary, which is a place I had seen on tv to be haunted. Of course I wanted to check it out. I didn't see any ghosts, but it was a very cool place that seemed to be stuck in time.


After that, we drove through downtown and saw more sights, like the state capital building, which looked similar to South Carolina's.
I really enjoyed my spring break. It seemed like we were constantly on the move, which was good because I only have a limited time out here. Hopefully I'll be back someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment