Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Break Pt I: Jackson

My spring break started on Friday, March 14 after my last midterm. I was heading down to Boise with one of my Beta brothers and his friends who had a car we could ride in. It was a 6 hour drive, which is much longer than I am used to, but it was very scenic as well.


After we got to Boise, we went to my brother's house, which was in a suburb called Meridian. The next day, we picked up one of his friends, and headed out towards Jackson Hole, WY. Another Beta lived across the border in Tetonia, Idaho, and was letting us stay at his house so we could ski at the #1 ski resort in the nation for two days. The ride out east to Tetonia was not as scenic, but still cool because of all the windmills I saw.


When we finally got to Tetonia, we were astounded at the house we were staying at. His backyard view was amazing as well. The Grand Tetons were rising out of the landscape.


We got up early to go skiing the next day, and it was a huge mountain. The slopes were very steep, and this was only my 3rd day skiing ever. I had a lot of fun though because there were just so many trails to get on. The next day, it was heavily snowing the whole time, which was really cool, just hard to see anything.



We spent the first few days of spring break skiing and exploring the town, basically going non-stop. It seems like we spent a whole spring break there,  but I am going back to Boise for a few days to explore there and spend the rest of my spring break.



No comments:

Post a Comment