Wednesday, January 29, 2014

First Snow Day

Today was my first snow day in Idaho. I opened the curtain around 7:45 this morning to see this sight:
Now, back in South Carolina, "snow" days were mainly just ice days, with no real powder actually present. This, however, was the powdery stuff. Naturally, because I saw snow, I went onto my email to see if class had been cancelled. In South Carolina, if we simply see snow, class is automatically cancelled essentially. Unfortunately, this is not the case in Idaho. I still enjoyed seeing all of the sights covered in blankets of snow.

In the distance, the Idaho water tower is covered in fog:
Here is the courtyard of my dorm complex:


The Beta house was also a great sight:
I have gotten down the names of most of the guys in the chapter, which is a good accomplishment because their chapter is very sizable. They are very friendly guys, which is helpful as I try to get to meet and get to know them.

In the afternoon, the snow started to melt, and then it began to rain. However, once evening fell, the snow began to as well yet again. I don't know if it will snow again tonight, but I can be quite certain that class will NOT be cancelled tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment